128 bit AES Digital Voice Encryption Module
- 3 encryption levels: 128 bit AES, 48 bit and 16 bit encryption
- Number of possible codes: 3.4 x 1039
- Number of selectable keys: 4
- Capable of inversion scrambling allowing for interoperability with pre-existing systems
- 2400 BPS modem data rate over the radio channel (sounds like white noise)
- Plug-in versions available for Datron, Hytera, Icom, Kenwood, Motorola, Simoco, Tait & Vertex radios
- Can be used in most HF/VHF/UHF radios with AM/FM/High Stability SSB modulation
- ANI available using Midian's FMP format
- Emergency ANI using a side button (when available on radio)
- After Emergency ANI the radio's speaker can sound emergency locator tones to aid rescuers in locating users in distress
- Option available for automatic emergency ID activation by Man Down - Lone Worker sensor
- Programmable via Midian's KL-4F Programmer
- Programmable audio levels
- See below for additional features when using with the CAD-800
Midian's DVE-1 series is a new Digital Voice Encryption module offering multiple levels of voice security.
When used with the CAD-800 additional features are available including:
- Over the air data encrypted using Midian's Fleet Management Protocol
- Leading and/or trailing PTT ANI and Emergency ANI (ENI) displays on the CAD-800
- Selective call for Individual, Group and All Call
- Querying a unit to transpond back to the CAD-800 when called to see if the radio is working or in range
- Spy mode where the CAD-800 can eavesdrop on a lost or stolen unit
- Disable and re-enable (Stun) a lost or stolen unit from the CAD-800
Midian's voice scramblers are ideal for use by armed forces, public safety (police, fire, ambulance), fleets (taxi, towing, fishing) and industrial users.
Midian's DVE-1 can be installed into most two-way radios. Midian also offers plug-in versions of the DVE-1 for OEM radios.
Midian's voice encryption modules are well known in the industry as offering the best audio quality and speaker recognition.