The SVR-1-HS1 can be connected to many military man pack radios to create a simplex store and forward repeater. When the SVR-1-HS1 sees a busy indication from the radio or detects VOX it will start recording the received audio. When the busy indication or VOX goes away for a programmed amount of time, the SVR-1-HS1 will key the radio and retransmit the recorded audio. The following are applications for the SVR-1-HS1 as a simplex repeater:
• Create a low-cost simplex vehicular repeater to increase portable radio coverage when the user is out of his or her vehicle.
• Expand radio coverage into remote locations, tunnels, buildings (hospitals, campuses, etc), downtown areas and more.
• Evaluate potential radio site or coverage problems by connecting the SVR-1 to a mobile radio. A technician can then drive through the desired coverage area, key up and transmit voice, unkey and listen to the repeated audio quality.
The SVR-1-HS1 can be programmed to repeat the last received audio message continuously at programmable intervals, applications include:
• Broadcasts for road or weather conditions
• Aviation authority broadcasts for pilot information (ATIS — Automatic Terminal Information Service)